Monday, April 19, 2010

Past, Present and Future (Part 1)

I believe that everybody has those significant moments when they think about their life. Sometimes we reminisce on our past. Other times we make plans for the future. And for so many times we talk about what’s going on at the present. It’s just the way it is.

I think the best way to live your life is by learning from your past, doing the best you can do in the present time towards your ideal future. However simple it may seem, lately I have been thinking a lot about the past…reminiscing those special moments…being so grateful to God but ended up longing for experiencing those moments again. I thought about how much accomplishment I have made so far, those big mistakes I have done and how I have learned and grown to where I am now.

I can’t say that I am proud about myself when thinking about my failures – or perhaps if I put it in a positive word – my challenges in the past. The one biggest challenge I would like to share here is on my love life.

When I was younger – up to before my college year – I used to think that I am a very good and idealistic person. I have never done anything bad or wrong. I was always doing the right things, being a good girl and making my parents proud. It seems like my life will always be this good and perfect, that I would live a balance and harmonious life forever. But that is not how real life goes. And later I have come to learn more about life and other people through my experiences in love.

Being an idealistic person, I also pictured an idealistic love life. What kind of man that I would fall for, and how our love would be – all these had been fantasized and planned in my head for as long as I can remember. I have rejected more than a dozen boys because I thought none of them met all of my criteria. I thought they are too childish, not smart enough and basically just so far away from perfect for me.

(to be continued in part 2…)

No comments: