Monday, March 29, 2010

Greatest Advice from My Parents

All of my life, I got lots and lots of advices from both of my parents. Some are just common sentences to me…few little advices and some more important advices such as on how to be me or how to live my life or be in the long-lasting relationships or even how to raise my children. But the two most remembered advices that gave major impact on me are these :

1.     It’s never easy to be a good person.

My parents would say it’s easier to be (or to be judged) a bad person. People often make mistakes and yes, it’s very human. But when you fail to keep your values, your virtues and start to make bad judgment, and even when it was only your one mistake, it would be hard to be the ideal you again and to gain trusts from other people. So the most important is to really learn from your mistake(s) and be better and wiser person.

2.     Do not rely too much on a person; rely yourself 100% on God the Almighty only.

People do need other people. But when you depend on someone too much; whether it’s your partner, your best friend, or maybe your parents, then you have to be ready to be disappointed, simply because they are only human. Nobody’s perfect and anybody can let you down. But when you rely on God, you believe that God will always be there for you and everything that happens to you has meaning. Just try hard, pray hard and let God do the rest.

No comments: